To get into the 9/11 Memorial Museum, you have to pass through a world-class security arrangement—a conveyor belt for shoes, belt buckles, cell phones; a three-second hands-above-your-head body scan—overseen by a notably grim private-security corps.
Granite is durable, but brittle and easily damaged. If an object strikes the polished surface, then the finish may become dull or scratched. If the wood boards used as spacers have dirt, sand, staples or bent nails in them, then they may scratch the polished surfaces.
Tips to Prevent Damage to a Granite Memorial While Moving or Installing
- While moving a granite memorial, move it on the unexposed surfaces.
- Before installing a granite memorial, keep it away from oil or metal that could rust.
- If the memorial leans against something, wipe it with a cloth and place a softwood spacer board under and in between each granite piece.
- Take care to protect the polished faces, exposed edges and corners.
- Anyone who handles the memorial should be properly trained in lifting.
- While installing a granite memorial, always place it on a soft bed of sand.
- While installing a granite memorial, remove the dirt around and under the vase holes that are cored through the granite marker or bronze base.
Monuments in Hawthorne, NY
Polchinski Memorials, a monument provider in Hawthorne, NY helps families create highly personalized family memorials. They guarantee their products, and design the memorial according to your budget and needs. If you want to create a family memorial, then call 203-413-1345.
Deep in Brooklyn’s interior lies Green-Wood Cemetery, one of the largest and most prominent burial grounds in the United States.
Monuments are built with materials like granite, bronze, and marble. Among them, granite is the most common and widely used. Granite is preferred because it is durable and attractive.
Advantages of Using Granite for Cemetery Monument Manufacturing
- Granite has the ability to withstand extreme temperatures, modern hydrocarbon and acid rain pollution.
- Granite is available in a wide range of colors.
- The price of granite is affordable when compared to materials like marble.
- Granite can be etched, polished, and carved to produce beautiful results.
- Granite headstones come in all shapes and sizes to fit any budget.
- Granite requires minimum maintenance thereby reducing the maintenance costs.
- Granite does not deteriorate easily.
Cemetery Monuments in Westchester, New York
Polchinski Memorials is a cemetery monument and headstone designer in Westchester. They have been creating family memorials, monuments, headstones and mausoleums for over 125 years. To choose the best monument within your budget, contact Polchinski Memorials at 914-984-4198.
A monument honoring family members of fallen soldiers will soon be placed in the garden of the city building, following the death of Fort Wright native and Green Beret, Sgt. Daniel Tyler Lee.